► Subscribe: https://goo.gl/vHN6qB
For copyright matters please contact us at: email@example.com
Throughout our lives, we have been taught many things about history that seem to be fairly normal and we never question those things which are taught to us. There are however some things that our history teachers got wrong, or they were actually taught to mislead people from the truth. Check out these 10 Historical facts they don’t want you to know.
1. The British Were Never Going To Win The Revolutionary War – If you read any stories or see any movies that have anything to do with the American Revolution, you would think that the British had a vast army and the Americans were heavily outnumbered.
2. Christopher Columbus Discovered America – Here is a big one that everyone was seemingly taught in school. However, it turns out that this was just a myth. The belief that Christopher Columbus discovered America is apparently widespread.
3. Sir Isaac Newton "discovered" gravity when an apple fell on his head– This version of the story is seemingly repeated time and time again. However, it’s just a story cleverly rewritten to possibly make it more interesting. So, therefore, Newton's apple legend isn't true, but like many urban legends, it's an embellished version of something that actually happened.
4. Holy Grail – In Staffordshire, England, there is a sculpture that has invited the wits and intellect of many intellectuals in an attempt to decode an inscription reading DOUOSVAVVM Although the Shepherd’s Monument was constructed back in the 18th century, the letters found therein were never solved, even 250 years after it was completed.
5. Hitler Feared The French And Admired The British – This will likely be something that no one knows. However, everyone knows that Hitler was no peacenik, but he actually exhibited a very healthy fear of the Anglo-French alliance. In fact, during the re-occupation of the Rhine, Hitler famously ordered his generals to sound a retreat at the faintest sign of French resistance.
6. The US Provoked Japan Into War – When speaking about war, there are many things that some countries would rather NOT have you know. And some conspiracy theorists have brought up the question: Did the US know that Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor? And then there is the notion of why Japan would start a war with a country that would crush them.
7. The Atomic Bombings Were Unnecessary – It has been said that there was a plan to invade Japan during World War II and this plan actually almost went into effect. However, this isn’t the story you will likely hear. The invasion would have resulted in millions of American and Japanese casualties, and it could be rationalized that the atomic bombs that were dropped instead saved all those American lives.
8. Benjamin Franklin, the Kite, and the Thunderstorm - Another great American hero to whom many seem to attribute mutant superpowers is Ben Franklin, the scientist, and statesman whose inventions included bifocal spectacles, the urinary catheter and the signing of the declaration of independence which led to freedom.
9. Precambrian spheres - Over the last few decades, miners in South Africa have been digging up mysterious metal spheres aka ‘the Klerksdorp spheres.’ Origin unknown, these spheres measure approximately an inch or so in diameter, and some are etched with three parallel grooves running around the equator.
10. Thanksgiving – The last one on our list is really going to make a lot of people think different about the holiday that is celebrated in America, and also in Canada but under different historical instances. Apparently, the entire Thanksgiving story is a lie which is as follows: Pilgrims on the Mayflower arrived at Plymouth Rock in 1620.
If you want to verify the facts in our videos, check out the pastebin link in the description
We hope you enjoyed this video! Let us know which one of these historical facts impressed you the most! And if you liked our video and want to see more, click the subscribe link and you’ll magically get notified each time we release a new one. We appreciate you and want to thank you for watching Interesting Facts.